Thursday, September 9, 2010

Goodbye TPMCafe...

Well an era is coming to an end. As of tomorrow all of the reader blogs at Talking Points Memo will be shut down. This will be a very sad day for me as TPM is a place I have spent a large part of the last 6 on-line years of my life at.

I have made many great friends there including the late Kenneth Thomas II, aka "PsuedoCyAnts". Some people are going to post at dagblog, others at Firedoglake. I am not sure what my plans are for blogging outside of my little space here. My business is failing, and I am close to going into bankruptcy because of this miserable economy that no one in power seems willing to do anything about. I found out my mom has cancer and me and my family are dealing with that. And I am just down in the dumps that my on-line political home, one many of us there helped build, is kicking our family to the curb.

For now I am just basically going to be here posting any random thoughts as they cross my mind and remembering back to better times on almost every front. Thanks to all my many friends at TPM and the Monster Magnet forum. I love you all but I am not in a good place and really need to work out all the shit going on in my life on my own right now. I appreciate the words of encouragement and kind wishes. But right now the only person who can solve my problems is me.

2 comments:

TheraP said...

Take care, Libertine. You can find me through this message.

I'm concerned for all the reasons you state in your post. It's very, very tough to go through things when it seems the ground beneath you is shaking. I'm sure you realize many would step up to console you.

It has been my pleasure to have known you at TPM. I have several small blogs. And it's very homey at Once Upon a TPM.

I've made a list of how to find people. And you're on it! That list will circulate I am sure.

Take care. And don't be ashamed to reach out. No matter how bad the place you happen to be in.

All my best, Thera

John (Libertine) said...

Thanks Thera.

Actually what I posted here is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. There are many more problems I am dealing with than what I chronicle here but these issues, especially the one having to do with the health of my mom, are the most pressing.

It has been my distinct pleasure getting to know you, and many other fine folk, at TPM. Right now I am more introspective than I have been in a very long time. And what better place to be that than in my own little space here.

Thanks for the kind words and words of encouragment. I am going to need all of the good vibes I can get to make it through this. I appreciate it very much...